SCSEP’s purpose is to provide community service and work-based job-training for older Americans. They also provide training for low-income, unemployed seniors and collaborate with MassHire Downtown Boston to maximize opportunities for participants to obtain workforce development, education, and supportive services to help them move into unsubsidized employment. Participants can be paid for training in their own community for up to 20 hours a week, get help searching for a job, and gain new work experience which can lead to unsubsidized employment.
- Low income (Participants must meet Federal low-income guidelines)
- Mature workers (55 and older)
- Unemployed who are legally able and committed to finding a job
- Coverage areas include Essex, Middlesex, Suffolk, Norfolk, and Worcester Counties and most of New Hampshire
PRIOR to Info Session:
- Become a MassHire member by attending a “Welcome Session” workshop (offered daily at 11am; no registration required)
- Attend “Using Age to Your Advantage 2.0” workshop (offered on Oct 8th and Oct 30th; pre-registration required)