Job Seeking can be particularly challenging for returning citizens. Almost every employment application asks in some fashion if a person has a criminal record. We understand that a person with a criminal record is going to face greater challenges in obtaining work, but many individuals with records do find employment and meaningful careers.
CORI Drop-In Hour Fridays at 1:00
If you have a criminal record and are having issues finding employment, a MassHire Downtown Boston career navigator can help you in a 1:1 meeting.
- Obtain a copy of your Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and discuss how it affects your job search
- Practice interviewing and learn to respond to questions about your CORI
- Learn how to job search with a criminal record
- Provide assistance on how to develop a resume and cover letters that highlight your skills and experience
- Explore the industries and occupations for appropriate employment options