Important Unemployment Benefits Information
Department of Unemployment Assistance:
Information on Unemployment and Coronavirus (COVID-19):
Guidance On CARES Act Implementation:
Find out more information about the new public benefit programs that will expand unemployment eligibility; temporarily increase weekly benefits for all claimants; and allow additional categories of people to claim unemployment benefits:
MassHire Jobseeker Resources:
To make an appointment at the Boston Re-Employment Center (DUA Office)
Click here: https://rec-hurley-appointments.eol.state.ma.us/
How to make an appointment to visit the Boston Re-Employment Center.
The center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Visit Mass.gov/DUA or call (877) 626-6800 for help with services the REC does not offer.
You can also file an unemployment claim by phone.
- Expect long wait times due to the recent surge in claims.
- The TeleClaim Center can also help you file a claim by phone
- Call (877) 626-6800 if your phone is in area code 351, 413, 508, 774, or 978.
- Call (617) 626-6800 if your phone is in area code 617 or 781 (or any other codes not mentioned in the bullet above)
- TeleClaim Center hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
- For hearing impaired relay service, call 711.
- Language services are also available through the TeleClaim Center upon request.
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requests that you call in on the day that corresponds with the last digit of your Social Security Number.
- If your number ends in 0 or 1 – Monday
- If your number ends in 2 or 3 – Tuesday
- If your number ends in 4, 5, or 6 – Wednesday
- If your number ends in 7, 8, or 9 – Thursday
- If your number ends in any digit – Friday
If your unemployment claim has been denied or UI has directed you to contact a Career Center, click here
Request your unemployment benefits 1099-G
The 1099-G is an IRS form that shows the total unemployment benefits you received and any taxes withheld during the previous calendar year. You will need this information when you file your tax return.
- Log in to your UI Online account – You will need the username and password you use to log in to UI Online.
- Click on View and request 1099-G on the left navigation bar
- Click on the down arrow to select the right year. You can view 1099-G forms for the past 6 years.
- Click on View 1099-G and print the page
Contact the DUA Interactive Voice Response (IVR) at (617) 626-5647 and follow the prompts to request your 1099-G.