Important Unemployment Benefits Information
All Department of Unemployment Walk-In Services are temporarily suspended including our satellite office at 75-101 Federal Street, 10th floor.
- UI ONLINE is the fastest and easiest way to file a claim
- UI Online is available 7 days a week from 6am to 10pm
- Accessible via smartphones, tablets and computers. Access Step-by-step instructions on filing with UI Online
Filing by Phone
You can also file an unemployment claim by phone. To schedule a call back to file a claim click here.
- Expect long wait times due to the recent surge in claims.
- The TeleClaim Center can also help you file a claim by phone
- Call (877) 626-6800 if your phone is in area code 351, 413, 508, 774, or 978.
- Call (617) 626-6800 if your phone is in area code 617 or 781 (or any other codes not mentioned in the bullet above)
- TeleClaim Center hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
- For hearing impaired relay service, call 711.
- Language services are also available through the TeleClaim Center upon request.
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requests that you call in on the day that corresponds with the last digit of your Social Security Number.
- If your number ends in 0 or 1 – Monday
- If your number ends in 2 or 3 – Tuesday
- If your number ends in 4, 5, or 6 – Wednesday
- If your number ends in 7, 8, or 9 – Thursday
- If your number ends in any digit – Friday