IN THE NEWS: JVS MassHire Downtown Boston cited in NBC Segment on High Demand for Job Training in MA
Sometimes additional training can be the barrier that stands between you and your next job. Attend this session to learn if you are eligible for training assistance to develop useful skills for the workplace or to make the skills you already have more marketable. Dislocated workers from Boston based companies and income-eligible adults from the city of Boston are especially welcome. This session will provide an overview of the Workforce Investment Act, a federally funded skills training program that pays for job skills training to eligible individuals who meet specific criteria.
- Training Grants/Funds: Boston residents who meet eligibility guidelines may qualify for training funds and or/job services
- Job Search Coaching Services: Eligible Massachusetts residents may qualify for comprehensive job search services.
- If you are not a Boston resident, but interested in training grants, check these lists for your local Career Center for contact info
- MassHire Career Center by Area (PDF), MassHire Career Center Listing (PDF), Boston Residency Map
After completing this workshop you will be able to:
- Learn if you qualify for training funding
- Understand the process for applying for training funding
Please note that there may be technology problems – either on our end or on yours – due to the high demand for remote services. We will do our best to present our webinars with as few issues as possible, but we will not be able to help troubleshoot issues you may encounter. If you do have problems, we recommend that you exit Zoom and try entering again. While our sessions won’t be recorded, we will be continuing to offer webinars throughout the coming weeks until we can come together for in-person workshops again.